NDIS Disability Housing & Accommodation

I'm looking for a Registered SDA Provider

Accessible Housing for My NDIS Needs

We are an accredited NDIS Accommodation service provider offering Short & Medium Term Accommodation Assistance for people with a disability including adults (18+), children & teenagers in Sydney, Brisbane, and Melbourne. We also provide Supported Independent Living (SIL) & Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) to deliver sustainable housing & living to NDIS participants.



If you are looking for NDIS approved well-equipped accommodations, we got you covered at OSAN Ability where you can find your temporary comfort home for your loved ones. We offer services that would cover safety, security and hygiene at all times. All the staff at our accommodation centre are highly experienced & knowledgeable. They always look forward to creating an environment that is homely, respectful, caring, safe, full of privacy and above all, enjoyable to all our clients.


Our aim is to partner with you on your journey into your own home. A home that is individualised to suit your specific needs and is adaptable to allow for your changing needs over your lifetime. We aim to provide socially and economically sustainable outcomes by reducing the need for costly alterations or relocations as your abilities change. We provide a range of services specific to accommodation; you can learn more by clicking on the service links below.



The individualised services that we offer are suitable for people who are looking for a home that responds to their current needs and their vision for the future.

Type of accessible NDIS Accommodation

Disability Accommodation Specialist

We can assist with Disability Accommodation Options including SDA, Medium Term Accommodation, and other disability accommodation options

Supported Independent Living (SIL)

Supported Independent Living (SIL) is help with or supervision of daily tasks to help you live as independently as possible, while building your skills. It’s for people with high support needs, who need help at home almost all the time. Talk to our friendly staff for more information

Short Term Housing (Respite Care)

SIL is a form of support if you need to live away from home for a short time. Short-term accommodation (respite) can be made available to you and your family members if you need it. Talk our friendly staff for more information

Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA)

Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) is a range of housing designed for people with extreme functional impairment or very high needs. SDA homes are constructed to be more accessible for you. They enable better or safer delivery of other supports you may need.

How Does Disability Housing Work

Your Disability Housing Provider Will Help You with

By providing the important link between the Participant, Service Providers, and Investment Capital, ADAPT Housing are building a wide range of specialist disability homes for people with extreme functional impairment or very high needs.

Identifying Your Disability Housing Needs

Engage registered and unregistered providers to expand your choice of supports.

Looking for Right Accommodation

Really take the time to work through your unique goals and needs.

Helping your with Independence

Receive invoices from yourself or your providers via email: admin@oystercae.org


Get In Touch With Us By Joining Our Mailing List

 Subscribe to our newsletter and receive the latest updates and events to be part of the community.

Looking for More Information

I need to know more about Disability Accommodation

Your Oyster Care Support Coordinator will listen, think creatively and work hard to make things happen to help you navigate the NDIS. This will help you make the most of your funding and live your best life.

Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) is a house, apartment or other type of home that has been designed for people who need a lot of support.


SDA includes special features that help people live as independently as possible.


Depending on who it is designed for, an SDA property might have wide doorways, a hoist in the bedroom or bathroom, strong walls and windows that won’t get damaged easily or special technology.



Short Term Accommodation, including respite, is support for when you need to live out of home for a short period.


Short Term Accommodation funding can be used for respite to support you and your carers. This gives your carers a short break from their caring role.


Sometimes a short stay away from home:


  • gives you the chance to try new things
  • can be a place to make new friends or develop new skills
  • may help to maintain your current living situation by giving your informal supports a break.

Short Term Accommodation may suit your needs if your usual support network isn’t available for a short period. 


Short Term Accommodation includes:


  • personal care
  • accommodation
  • food
  • activities you and the provider agree to.

Usually we fund up to 28 days of Short Term Accommodation per year. You can use your Short Term Accommodation funding flexibly. For example, you might want to use it in a block of up to 14 days at a time or for one weekend a month.


Generally funding is for a group price, unless there is evidence you require individual support because of your disability. This means you may share supports with other people unless you need individual support because of your disability.

If you already have funding in your Core budget, you can use this for Short Term Accommodation.


You can choose to use your Core budget on a range of supports like Short Term Accommodation to suit your needs. You should think about the best way to use your budget to pursue the goals in your plan.


Not all people with disability can live in SDA.


The NDIS decides who can live in SDA.


To be eligible, you must have an extreme functional impairment or very high support needs.


Having extreme functional impairment means that even if your home has been set up to suit you, you still need assistance to do things like:


Getting out of bed
Getting dressed
Making meals
Going out

Having very high support needs means that you need many hours of support every day. It might mean that your parents provide a lot of your support, but they are getting older, or you may have spent a long time living in a group home or nursing home. It may also mean that sometimes you act in a way that might not be safe for you or the people around you.


If you want the NDIS to think about whether you can live in SDA, make “I want to live as independently as possible” one of the goals in your NDIS plan.

Books A Discovery Call

Learn How Oyster Care Registered NDIS Provider Can Help You with your NDIS Journey


Contact us

Contact us

0/5 (0 Reviews)
Scroll to Top

We Want To
get in Touch with you!

Sign up to get the FREE consultation

get a Free Profile Report

Fill in the form below to get the FREE PDF book. We will get in touch with you as soon as possible.